Here at SAS Rope & Rail we pride ourselves on providing the services our customers need so that they can have a ‘one stop shop’. From rope access, to safety boat hire, we are able to provide it all. But did you know we also manufacture our own , fully regulated anchorage system? The SAS Deadweight trolley and A-frame are the only ones of their kind to be awarded full CE marking and will assist users to work in accordance with BS7985:2002.
Our anchorage systems can be used in many challenging work environments, but one thing we are often asked is ‘what’s the difference between the two?’ So here’s our answer…
The fundamental difference between the SAS Deadweight trolley (DWT) and A-Frame is that the DWT is specifically designed for use behind structural handrails, balustrades and parapet walls. The A-Frame is suitable for use on flat roof surfaces, behind a parapet wall with a minimum height of 1.8 metres. However, if no parapet wall is available, the A-Frame may be tied back to a suitable anchor.
A-Frame Deadweight Trolley
Both share these benefits:
- Both anchorage systems are particularly beneficial for occasional or one-off contracts where availability of fixed anchor points is limited or too expensive to install.
- Both systems are easy to assemble and simple to move from one location to another.
- Both systems provide a portable suspension anchor for personnel concerned with rope access and fall arrest.
- With both the deadweight and A-Frame, there is no need to penetrate the roof surface/membrane, eliminating any need for alterations to building aesthetics.
- Both systems have been fully CE approved in the UK to BSEN 795:1997, are designed and manufactured in accordance with BS7883:2005, and assists users to work in accordance with BS7985:2002.
These anchorage systems have been invaluable to us, and we believe they are a must for any company involved in working at height.
For more detailed information or to purchase one of our anchorage system, please visit www.sasanchorage.com or give our office a call on +44 1793 644908.